Power distribution O&M Outsourcing: Several companies are today forced to rethink their focus in the value chain. Business process outsourcing offers cost and strategic advantages to network owners.
PAT takes care of such challenges bearing in mind the Key elements in the outsourcing cases been the following:
- Cost savingsand management — The lowering of the overall cost of the service to the business. Access to lower costs through the partner’s economies of scale. Cost restructuring —outsourcing offers a move from fixed to variable costs, and also improves financial predictability.
- Focus on core business — Resources are focused on developing the core business. A function that might be difficult to manage for the outsourcing company can be core business for the outsourcing partner company.
- Improved quality — Achieve an improvement in quality through contracting out the service with a new service level agreement. A service contract will provide a legally binding contract with financial penalties and legal redress. This is not normally the case with internal services.
4. Capacity management and flexibility —Scalability and time to market— The outsourcing partner will usually be better prepared to manage a temporary or permanent increase or decrease in production.
5. Knowledge — Access to intellectual property and wider experience and knowledge.
a. Operational expertise — Access to operational best practices that would be too difficult or time consuming to develop in-house.
b. Access to talent — Access to a larger talent pool and a sustainable source of skills, in particular in technology and engineering.
c. Innovation and best practices— Companies increasingly use external knowledge service providers to supplement limited in-house capacity for product innovation.
6. Catalyst for change — An organization can use an outsourcing agreement as a catalyst for a quantum leap that could not be achieved alone. The outsourcing partner becomes a change agent in the process.